Reading

Reading
My favorite way to read ;)

Monday, January 23, 2012

My Soul to Lose - by Rachel Vincent

I started with the first of the series so I know where I'm starting again. My Soul to Lose is really good, and I'm surprised that  Poor Kaylee Cavanaugh was never told what she was through the whole story, so she had no idea what was going on. It starts out light, normal teens going to the mall, but then she gets these "panic attacks" and has to leave the area. It follows her and she gets caught up in it again, and begins to scream. She's put into a mental hospital and meets Lydia, who helps her out in the end. There were a few really funny quotes I enjoyed, but this was my favorite one:

Stevens - "Kaylee, do you know why you're here?"
Kaylee - "Yeah, Because the doors are locked."

Good read, but if I was reading it as a stand-alone (which I never got the pleasure of doing), I would have been confused... 'cause obviously her Uncle Brendon knew what was going on with her, I'm just mad at him for not telling her anything throughout her whole life!

No comments: